Congratulations on being selected to attend the 2018 Cancer Biology Annual Retreat! All attending Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate Students are required to present a poster.
Cash prizes will be awarded for the top Graduate Student poster and the top Postdoc poster as judged by faculty attendees.
Abstract portal opens September 1 with submissions due by October 15.
All Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate Students will present posters at the informal Poster and Wine Bar event on the Monday evening. This session will be juried, with top Postdoctoral Fellow and Graduate Student posters receiving a cash prize. Awards will be announced on the Tuesday morning.
Poster content can include any recent work. Although there are no specific restrictions on presentation style, conventional poster layout should be followed. The presentation should be both logically organized and easily viewed from 3’-5′ away. Poster display boards will be approximately 3’ wide by 4’ tall.
The Poster Committee will evaluate the scientific quality of the submitted abstracts and presented posters on the basis of the following criteria: novelty of the research, significance of the findings and clarity of presentation.
Please consider the following when submitting abstracts:
– Abstracts must be submitted as a PDF file with the name format: your last name_2018.
– Your full name, institution and abstract title should be placed at the top of the document.
– Abstracts must describe the purpose and results of the research so that the quality, originality and comprehensiveness of the work can be evaluated.
– Titles should be indicative of the content of the abstract.
– Each abstract should contain:
(a) a concise title;
(b) names and affiliations of all co-authors;
(c) an introductory sentence indicating the purpose of the study;
(d) a brief description of pertinent experimental procedures;
(e) a summary of the new, unpublished data; and (f) a statement of the conclusions.
– Authors must accept sole responsibility for the statements in their abstracts.
– The abstract text body length should not exceed 250 words.
– Abstracts must be submitted as PDF files.