The Rogel Cancer Center, Michigan Medicine is pleased to announce the availability of one slot for a postdoctoral trainee on the Cancer Biology T32 Training Grant at the University of Michigan. This slot is open to US citizens or permanent residents only. Funding will be for one year (starting at $4,570/month) with the possibility of a second year, which will be dependent on available funding, progress and ongoing active participation by both you and the trainee in program activities during the first year. Preference will be given to postdocs who are no more than 1 year into their training, and both M.D. and Ph.D. postdocs are eligible. We encourage the nomination of trainees who are members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in the biomedical sciences.
To nominate/apply, please send the below information in a single pdf to Samantha Wilhelmi (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information by Friday, June 9, 2023:
- Cover sheet (see PDF)
- Nomination letter from mentor that includes your assessment of the nominee. Indicate mentor’s relative contributions to the writing of the research proposal (see #3 below)
- A three-page research proposal, written by the nominee
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the nominee’s doctoral mentor (if the nominee holds or will hold a PhD)
- The nominee’s NIH biosketch
- Mentor’s NIH biosketch and Other Support
The T32 postdoc appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2023. Our Cancer Biology Program Steering Committee will select the awardee.