CABTRAC welcomes new members! Annual membership is $1,000 and covers all your institution’s T32s as well as all cancer research training and education-related programs and cancer research-affiliated faculty, administrators and trainees. Your membership account includes your medical and/or graduate school and related cancer center and/or research institute. Membership runs January 1 through December 31 with payments due by July 15 each year. Payments are accepted by check, ACH direct-deposit and credit card.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Opportunity to shape the future of Cancer Biology training, including through white papers (Past papers include: Essential Components of Cancer Education (Cancer Res 2015), Position Paper: Ph.D. Training in Cancer Biology (Cancer Res 2008)
- NCI Town Halls, Trainee Career and Mentoring events offered throughout the year
- CABTRAC resources including:
Archived collective data from CABTRAC programs
Opportunity to conduct targeted surveys and polls
Opportunity for job/employment listings
- Attending the Annual Retreat and bringing up to two trainees
Benefits of attending the CABTRAC Retreat include:
- Networking with successful T32 applicants
- Hearing new and late-breaking ideas and information from NCI staff – and ideas on how to deal with those new issues
- Interactions with NCI staff, including key T32 information and opportunities for more dynamic information exchange than with usual contacts with program officer, study section reports, etc.
- Exchanging innovative program and curriculum/pedagogy ideas
- Small group discussion and breakout sessions inviting a wide range of perspectives
- Opportunity to identify persons to join your external advisory boards
Benefits to graduate students & postdoctoral trainees who attend:
- Speed-mentoring – mentoring from a national pool of mentors
- Presenting science to a wider audience
- Networking with other trainees and faculty
- Exposure to the many levels of cancer biology education and training formation
- Broader vision of career opportunities
- Seeing perspectives, practices from other institutions and programs
Questions about Membership? Contact Byron Ellis, Membership & Pledge Manager, at Byron@cabtrac.org.
Renewing your Membership? GO HERE to renew.